Since 1973, it has been our mission to serve low- and moderate-income families in Cuyahoga County by helping them obtain and maintain safe, decent, affordable housing. Our programs are focused on safety and enhancing self-sufficiency through home repair, tool loan and housing counseling services. Today, we serve over 2,500 families in Cuyahoga County every year with funding from city, county, state and private sources.
CHS is a not-for-profit, tax exempt, 501(c)(3) organization.
Controller, Home Repair Program Director
Housing Counseling Program Director
Board of Directors
Founding Board Member
Lighting Innovations, John Carroll University
RDL Architects, Inc.
Huntington National Bank
Bodies Done Right
Thanks to generous contributions and continued support from our donors:
- The City of Cleveland
- Cuyahoga County
- Cuyahoga County Land Reutilization Corporation
- CHS Board of Directors
- Capital Group
- Council for Economic Opportunities of Greater Cleveland
- The Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati
- Third Federal Savings and Loan
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- The Tom Gerson Philanthropic Fund
- The State of Ohio
- The Raymond L. Pianka Memorial Fund
- Lutheran Agencies Organized in Service
News, information and trends on the housing market in Cuyahoga County.
- Coronavirus hasn’t created wave of foreclosures, though housing advocates brace for 2021
- Home Mortgage Lending in Cuyahoga County
- Housing Market Recovery in Cuyahoga County: Will Cleveland’s East Side Be Left Behind?
- Housing Market Recovery in Cuyahoga County: Race and Geography Still Matter
- Housing Trends in Cuyahoga County
- Is the Cuyahoga County Foreclosure Crisis Over? It depends on where you’re standing.